Construction Quality Assurance in Rockville, MD
EMC2 Inc. is a unique firm that offers design and consulting, as well as material testing and inspection services under one umbrella. With integrated design and construction experience we are responsive to construction related problems. There’s a reason that, despite being headquartered in Rockville, MD, we’re trusted to provide these oversight services across the Eastern Region.
QA/QC and Field Exploration
Quality assurance and control are two of the strongest pillars of any development, and they’re vital areas of focus for EMC2 Inc. This, in conjunction with material testing and construction observation services, is part of our comprehensive commitment to development excellence. We offer a wide array of QA/QC and field exploration services.
Testing and Construction Observation
Materials testing takes place in our AASHTO, WACEL and Corps of Engineers certified materials testing laboratory. We test a broad range of materials, including structural steel, concrete (and precast), masonry, soils, asphalt and more.
View Our Services
- In-situ concrete strength testing
- Deep foundation capacity analysis
- Auger cast pile integrity testing
- Rebar size and location evaluation using scanning equipment
- Ground probe radar
- Windsor Probe and Swiss Hammer testing
- Structural steel framing inspection
- Shop drawing certification
- Visual weld inspection
- Ultrasonic testing of welds, magnetic particle and dye penetrant
- High strength bolt testing
- Anchor rod pullout test
- Light gage metal framing
Concrete and Precast Concrete
- Slump and air content
- Concrete strength test; compression and flexure
- Concrete coring for hardened concrete strength evaluation
- Rebar placement
- Pre-stressed and post-tensioned tendons placement
- Precast concrete connection design
- Precast concrete erection and rigging
- Engineered masonry inspection
- Mortar/grout cube sampling
- Masonry prism strength testing
- Compaction, field Density; sand cone, nuclear gage.
- California Bearing Ratio (CBR). Subgrade modulus
- Soil classification
- Density testing
- Specific gravity
- Roller pattern evaluation
- EIFS system inspection
- Roofing and waterproofing inspection
- Sprayed fireproofing thickness, cohesion/adhesion and density testing
View Our Services
- Geotechnical investigation. soil exploration, borehole drilling and rock core drilling.
- Geotechnical evaluation for foundation design, alternate foundation system studies
- Design recommendations for retaining walls and other earth retention systems.
- Settlement analysis, surface settlement markers and monitoring points, prisms
- Piezometer installation and for ground water measurement
- Inclinometer for lateral ground movement
- Construction recommendations; compaction, subgrade preparation and drainage recommendations.
- Static and dynamic load testing of deep foundations
- Pre-construction surveys and documentation
- Forensic investigation
- Pullout and lateral load testing of roof anchors for window washing equipment
- Tieback and anchorage testing